Banana Pudding Pass the spoon, please.
This summer, take a cue from Blair Lonergan of The Seasoned Mom Food Blog and whip up a batch of her divine banana pudding, which she calls “a sweet Southern dessert for summer picnics, potlucks and get-togethers.”
As Lonergan notes, this recipe is what he found to “satisfy a craving for a cool, creamy treat that you can whip up in just a few minutes using store-bought ingredients.”
Banana Pudding for National Banana Pudding Day: Try the recipe
You only need a few ingredients to make it, and the garnish possibilities (whipped cream plus chocolate chips plus blueberries sound perfect) are practically endless.
Get the recipe below.
Easy Banana Pudding by Blair Lonergan of The Seasoned Mom
Makes 9 servings.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes (4 hours cooling time)
Berry-filled frozen yogurt ‘bark’ is a cool, creamy summer treat: try the recipe
1 (11 ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies
1 (3.4-ounce) small (4-serving) box vanilla instant pudding mix (plus 2 cups milk called for on package to make pudding)
3-4 large ripe bananas, finely chopped (plus extra for garnish)
8-ounce container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
1. Prepare pudding according to package directions. Keep aside in the fridge.
2. Arrange the vanilla wafer cookies in a single layer in the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. I used 24 cookies for each layer.
This banana bread recipe makes a delicious morning treat (or any time of day).
3. Use a spatula to spread half of the prepared pudding (about 1 cup) over the cookies.
4. Top the pudding with a layer of banana slices.
5. Repeat the layers starting with the cookies.
Click here to sign up for our lifestyle newsletter.
6. Top the final layer of banana slices with the whipped topping.
7. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight). Before serving, garnish with additional vanilla wafers and sliced banana, if desired.
This original recipe is owned by Blair Lonergan of The Seasoned Mom and was shared with Fox News Digital.
Click here to get the Fox News app.